About Scattered Brain Matter

I started this blog to be able to post my writing up for the world to see. Obviously it hasn't really gone that far, but there are the few that do read this. I keep it up because it's a good outlet for my own mind and my writing. I hope that if you are reading, you enjoy.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The 1st of many writing exercises!

Prompt: Open an imaginary door, what do you see?

I put my shaky hand on the heavy wooden door. It was decked in etching that looked like sparkles and symbols. Something cryptic was seared into the top beam. It was a language I’d never seen before, something I’d never even dreamed of. Things were immensely blurry and it was hot.

The door had a glow around it. The aura was soft, like the light from a warm and comforting fire. My hand groped it’s way towards the large blackened metal handle. It was warm to the touch, like someone’s hand had just been there, still grasping at a body’s heat.

Sweat beaded on my forehead and my hands were clammy as I gripped the handle tightly. A timid breeze sighed out from under the door way, like something was trying to get out. I looked down and contemplated the breathing sound and the soft light. It reminded me of a heart beat, a living thing.

Something whispered in the back of my mind, telling me to open the door. There was no lock, no chain, nothing holding me or the door back. I grabbed the handle tightly and felt the heat increase. I didn’t care, it was now or never.

To Be Continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment