About Scattered Brain Matter

I started this blog to be able to post my writing up for the world to see. Obviously it hasn't really gone that far, but there are the few that do read this. I keep it up because it's a good outlet for my own mind and my writing. I hope that if you are reading, you enjoy.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Magique Part 2

A month earlier...

While Christopher slept I threw on my shirt and grabbed my bag and moved to the bathroom. The cold of the porcelain on my butt chilled my entire body. I took out the tiny gold vile. The silver liquid sloshed around inside. This would be enough to last me a few days. I took out some rubber and a needle and filled it fully with the fluid. Flicking the needle, I placed it and the vile on the counter and made sure they were safe. They were not something that I could replace easily.

I tied the rubber around my arm and pulled it with my teeth. My tongue stung with the nasty taste of the band and I gagged. I started shaking and took the needle and tapped my lower arm to pull a vein up. Injecting the fluid felt cold. I could feel the flow of it going through my body. I placed my finger over the dot of blood that budded on the spot where I’d removed the needle out. The hole closed up and looked like a freckle on my skin. I sighed and leaned my head against the tile wall.

Pulsing with new life, I reached my hand out and focused on the small bottle of soap on the sink. It floated in the air and flew to my hand. I let it float around in the air for a while. I smiled to myself and knew that I could do what I’d need to for the next couple of days. Life without Magique was a sad existence.

A knock shattered my concentration and the small bottle that floated in the air in front of me. The gooey substance oozed out of the broken bottle. I wiped my hand over it and pushed it through the floor. The knock came again, along with his voice.

“Anissa, you ok? You’ve been in here for a half hour,” his voice sounded worried.

“I’m ok. Just a stomach ache,” I hurriedly packed up my ‘tools’ and tucked my bag under my arm. I opened the door and Christopher’s smiling face hardened. I followed his gaze and noticed that I hadn’t removed the rubber tourniquet from my arm. I pulled it off and shoved it in my front pocket.

“Anissa, what were you really doing?”

“Christopher…I can explain. I think, it’s not what it looks like,” I put my bag down and stood in front of him with my arms hugging around my body.

“Well?” he looked at me and then looked to my arm.

“It’s just a medicine for a virus I have. Nothing big; don’t worry about it,” I took my stuff and went back to the bedroom. I felt guilty sleeping next to the man who kept giving me so much; and I was just lying to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment